Monday, September 29, 2008










It's been almost a week since i last blogged. Working for f1 results in lack of sleep, muscle aches, gastric pains and veins popping out of my feet. My toe hurts and so does my heel. Scrapes of skin resulted from blisters. All in all, it was a great experience and i've definitely learned a whole lot in terms of hospitality even to the point of being sexually harassed. I shall get to that in a bit.

26th and 27th was a killer.

I did ushering. First thing that came to my mind," Smile even when you are not able to or when you are really exhausted". Standing consecutively for 16 hours is no joke. Service is even worse. Caucasian models are fcking hard to please.Sure they have a 100 page full spread cover issue for Elle magazine but they sure do need to fix their insides.

I can't help to ponder about being professional. It's just a simpler way to say that a person is at a disadvantaged yes/no? Being professional, you have to be a role model for all your staff.Even worse, you would be the last to have breaks or you won't even have one.As much as i used to detest my manager in charge for the first day, i give her full respect at the end of the three days. All the criticisms made me learned a whole lot and she gave me a hug at the end saying i did a really good job (: The guys can't even be compared to her professionalism.

Many were drunk and so many of us were being touched at the waist or around the shoulders.
The things that made me really thrown off was how they actually forced it onto you when you are obviously at an uncomfortable situation. Here's a few that was said to me :

"Do you want a blow job?" or " do you want to run away with me?" or " hey , do you dance? I can do the salsa. Shall we go do it after your work?" and " can i take you home?"

No kid.

I felt like fcking splashing the whole champagne to wake the motherfucker up. He's god damn wasted. I could have totally puked right at his face.

I sleep less than 5 hours for the three days consecutively. Reaching home at 3 am and reporting the next morning at Ritz at 9 am sharp. Roadblocks pisses the hell outta me. When you actually felt that you've reached your destination, the end is actually a block and you have to walk another big round.


Not to mention 28th, we had to shift back all the miscellaneous stuff from the paddock to Ritz which was a 15 mins walk at 2 am. All in the name of $10.50/ hr. I've earned 494 buckeroos the whole three days. So not worthed it.

Today

Slept at 4 am and woke up at 10 for hiphop,then locking later and danced all the way till 6pm.
My body is damaged to the max.My feet is so sore i can scream.But friendships made was really worthed it. (: I love all my colleagues at claymore one. I hope to see you guys at Tp or even when i go to Sp or Np. Matilda, Hwee may, Felicia, Wan hwa, Aruni, Samantha and Aunty Poh gek is superwoman (: 62 and still working banquet. Kudos to her. I learned so much hokkien from her :D

Alonso! yeah! The race was awesome. Watching it live and hearing it live was a memorable experience. Serving racers is like so once in a lifetime kinda thing. Love it (:

I need my sleep now and i'm so sorry to those that msged me and i didn't replied. That's just cause i'm really tired and by the time i reached home, all i can think of is S.L.E.E.P.Dance tmrow and vetting on friday. Stab me now.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment