Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"One for my morning glory
Two for the early dew
Three for the man who will stand his round
And four for the love of you, me girl
Four for the love of you
"

朝 顔
"Asagao"



The first time i was so attracted to this flower was when i got lost one day when i overslept on the bus. I walked my way out and i found this old abandoned house. Fenced and so broken i can't figure why it wasn't demolished. Then i saw something that amazed me. I stood there appreciating how these little vine creeping flowers twined around the fences.It was a beautiful sight. One that i felt these flowers beautified that damaged structure.

Then one day, someone told me that morning glories are weeds. They are the weakest flowers among the bushes but their perseverance to survive before dawn is spectating.Hence, the name. I got so fascinated, i asked if florists do provide such flowers and no they don't.

Because why?

They are not presentable, they are afterall weeds and never flowers.Somehow, i kept wondering why can't they be comparable with roses and carnations?

Maybe because they are afterall weeds that needs a vine to survive. They have no stems to support and like any other weeds,

vulnerable.

Somehow, if i were to choose one day. I would pick morning glories over roses anytime.


Maybe because i can relate to every bit of its survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment