Friday, June 5, 2009

" what makes me beautiful ?"




It's right where my window panes feed on sunshine, that i realise waking up is part and parcel of my beautiful life. Beautiful? Because everyday, i feel satisfaction in this little short term career ( event)of mine. No doubt, i have to run around in a grey little van from the west to the north and back to the east, to and fro ; i still feel contented.

Last night, we did floor marking for our powerpoints, damage control room, army and air force schools, preferably staying at SAFTI till 10pm. Had the best 2 dollars chicken rice ever, just sitting at warrior's hall with gang tape paste all over me in crosses like a sticker book. (: Receive an army cap from one of the captains, pretty much a warrior now. Only warriors enter warrior's hall! HAH!

I would be giving masterclasses a miss, maybe even the big groove. Just sacrificing to ensure my event run well, to make sure my internship is secured and to prove that i am capable of anything that's thrown to me. It can be an easy task but it really depends on one's mindset to turn the situation around. Dawn upon me that, through this journey; dance is just a minor sector in this big world of mine if i actually go explore. In the past, its a big world in dance, right now it's a universe out there. Don't get me wrong, ever. I will never stop dancing. The goals i wanted to attain have already been achieved. Looking back, i sacrificed my social life. Yet, still many didn't gave up. It's these little things that ensure i would be able to ride this storm. Every messages in my inbox means alot (: My apologies for the last min fly off for dates, because it's the working culture in events isn't it? To dedicate wholeheartedly from set up to tear down.

i feel proud to be in the SAFTI team. I feel proud to be part of the Navy segment, guiding my designers one step at a go. Even, telling him about things that i would never have thought of or occured in that little mind back then.

Turning me inside out, i have definitely changed. Changing for the better i guess. To be someone that i would never thought that i would be. Shifting of queue poles, Pasting of gang tape, Trolley in and out, electrician, powerpoints, staying till mid night with contractors, FA in hands, guiding designers, quotations, calculators,van from joo seng to safti, to yew tee, to amk hub then back to joo seng again, talking to gary about my wooden structures, ah peng for my system panels, jason for tentage, going to weird places for bites,being whistled at, inhaling second-hand smoke everywhere i go, smelly shirts hanging, hot tann boys doing mechanics, drilling holes at boxed up structure, van waiting at the zebra crossing for a whole row of army boys to march across at night, driving across the lit "runway" to the entrance like an airplane ready to take off, being knocked by speakers sitting at the back of the van like illegal immigrants, sitting at the OCS canteen waiting for chocolate waffles while hearing the amazing adventures of Col Adam in IRAQ. How hard boiled eggs actually get cooked under the scorching heat of 54 degrees during his army journey in a desert, how he went to work for the UN and 30 years in the army is just so inspirational.

Lastly, small girls running around like successful woman.

Makes me smile even when i just sleep like some unglam starfish, spreading it's fin wide open on the bed the moment i reach home at 2 am. Even when my contact lens case leaked and my CDs got wet and i have my laptop case in between my legs, flagging for a taxi while im on the line with shing shing on the phone, tripping at the same time when two roadside banglas were laughing their ass off at me, i feel like a klutz.

I actually feel happy (: Workaholic i know hahas, but when all this is over liting is ready to go back to the dance world. It's another commitment i am ready to take. This time, no road blocks. Just me and my dance. Saying good bye to events in approximately 7 weeks time! (:


Time will tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment